Thursday, April 15, 2010

Prayer...Two knees and a willing heart...

I bet you can guess what the topic of discussion was today..."Obama cancels the National Day of Prayer!" That is somewhat true...The White House in the past has had a formal ceremony on this day. When President Obama took office those events have ceased. So...the actual day is still planned just not a White House recognition of the day. Today a Federal Judge in Madison ruled The National Day of Prayer was unconstitutional. All this was brought on by lawsuits near the end of the Bush administration from a group of atheists and agnostics.

Who needs just one day to pray for our nation? If prayer is so important ...shouldn't it be a daily event? Who needs a president to have a National Day of prayer? All it takes is a willing heart and two knees...

I know prayer changes things! I have seen many answered...not always the way I would have liked, but always in a manner much better than I would have dreamed. There have even been times I would have a fleeting thought and before I knew it God had set in motion the answer to that prayer. My God loves me and knows my heart...better than I do!

Here is a posting I read the other day...Something to think about!
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. (1 Corinthians 16:13) Never pray for an easier life-pray to be a stronger person! Never pray for tasks equal to your power-pray for power equal to your tasks. Then doing your work will be no miracle-YOU will be the miracle! (A quote by Phillips ......Brooks 1835-1893 composer of the lyrics 'O Little Town of Bethlehem'.)

I say we have a National Day of Praying for Our President...How can we complain about this administration if we are not lifting him up before our Heavenly Father? God knows President Obama's heart...He knows it all! I know I wouldn't want his job! Maybe if we all petitioned before the Lord our president and his administration... God would move in a mighty way!

I'm off to change my Father's heart...I'm on my two knees and my heart is willing!

No comments: