Thursday, June 28, 2012

Time to turn

It's no secret about the decision the Supreme Court handed down today concerning the Health Care Law. As I'm watching...and reading the reaction to all this, my heart is breaking. Breaking for the country that I love. The country that I call home. Our country has fallen prey to the choices we all have made. Our choices have separated instead of uniting our country.  We have become a self-centered moralless nation instead of the nation that was built on a foundation that honored God. We have taken our eyes off the One who has an amazing love for us. His eyes can see far greater than we can. Why have we stopped allowing Him to lead our families? Our Nation? Our hearts?  What a messed up bunch we have become! I remember my mom quoting the Bible verse ....Children obey your moms and dads if you want to live a long life....Ephesians 6.  At the rate we are going if we don't humble ourselves and obey God's commands....We as a nation won't live a long life. Our country will be destroyed  by our very own disobedient hearts. We need to get our heads out of the sand and get on our knees. Humbleness starts at home!

This is what I wrote on my Facebook wall today.....

As I'm watching family after family fall apart. I'm seeing our country following that same path as well. I can't help but wonder if maybe we all have missed something.
Maybe it's time to lay down our pride and self-centeredness? Healing of this Country will only start with us getting on our knees!
If we believe God's word is true....then why aren't we following His commands? Tired of the fight? Tired of the struggling?
 

2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

No comments: