Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day....take 3!

Atlanta once again had threats of bad weather for Monday morning. With that in the forecast and many of us driving from all over creation....many coming 30-45 minutes away...our home school Valentines day share day was postponed until Tuesday. My girls LOVE our home school share day...especially the Valentines day event. I would be in the dog house if I didn't take them!So today the girls baked and decorated cupcakes to share. If I never see another piece of candy or sweets...I will be ok.

I remember way back in the day...yes I'm old...Valentines day at school. Decorating a shoe box to put all those many valentines cards and candy in was the highlight for this crafty girl! I remember my 3rd grade class...Mrs. Miles... and my very first boyfriend...S.Johnson. He walked in with a huge heart shaped box of candy...looking straight at me with the biggest smile on his face...yes I thought it was for me! You see...the day before he told me he was bringing me chocolate. He then turned straight to the teacher and handed it to her and I was... believe it or not ...relieved. I was so afraid of all the teasing I would get... had he handed that HUGE box of chocolate to me. Good thing we were young...I might of hit him with that candy box! I was glad when our teacher gave the go ahead to open our boxes filled with those silly little cards and candy hearts. It's funny how a shoe box full of silly little cards can bring back such memories of childhood days.

I still enjoy getting Valentines day cards and for the last 26 years I have received my very own box of chocolate from the most handsome man with the biggest smile on his face!

No comments: