Saturday, October 16, 2010

What is it really like to have just two kids?

Early this morning my hubby and I... along with two of our nine kiddos... hit the road for Savannah Georgia! Don't get two excited for me...we'll be back home tomorrow night! Our daughter plays for a traveling  soccer team and had originally had two games scheduled. However our Saturday game had to be cancelled ...leaving Sunday's game outside of Savannah. So...Saturday was free for Lady and Sons and the beach! Lady and Sons had no seating available until 10 pm tonight...I'll have to catch you later Paula Deen! Maybe next trip we can sit and chat!







Arriving early today we took a little trip to Tybee Island for some beach time. I really hate that we had to leave the other girls home. I just couldn't figure out a way to get four more into the Honda Civic. Our van...the one that the deer ate...is just not up to a six hour trip and back . Although I enjoyed our beach time with the two girls...I felt extremely guilty that the others weren't there to enjoy the sun and sand with us.

Traveling with just two kids ...let's just say is so different! Not a whole lot of competing going on with a 3 year old and a 14 year old!  It was kind of nice to not get all those weird looks we get when I bring the whole clan out in public. I guess seven blonde haired  girls getting out of one vehicle could be considered a circus attraction  reason to stare!

Tomorrow is game day and the end of  my two day trip with just two kids! I think I'll keep my Nine..two is just not enough for this mom!

1 comment:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

lol. two sounds perfect to me! :)