Saturday, December 17, 2011

Southern Living's Layered Peppermint Cheesecake....and a Holcombe Family Gathering






I knew a couple of weeks ago, when this cake made it's way onto our local morning news, that it would be making it's appearance to our annual Holcombe Family Christmas party. This lady...Melodie Belcher who submitted it to Southern living is from Atlanta. I watched in amazement as she shared her recipe and this sweet peppermint plate made from real peppermint candies! I guess I have a little bit of my Grandmama Melton in me...oh how I miss her! She always made the best cakes...and pies!

This is my first attempt at creating a masterpiece beautiful Christmas inspired cake. I can't wait to taste the combination of cheesecake, peppermint, white sour cream cake and white chocolate mousse frosting. Of course a cake wouldn't be a southern cake without a little touch of Paula Deen...sugar coated rosemary!

We won't be tasting this until this evening...if it makes it out of here! So I'll be back with our southern review of this beautiful cake!

No comments: