Monday, April 16, 2012

Why do I stay at home?

I stay at home because I love my kids.
I stay at home because this is the road God has called me to walk.
I stay at home because the love of my life has made it possible for me to have the greatest experience of my life.
I stay at home because I am a mom who is truly blessed to have the unconditional love from 9 + 1 ....and any other who dare to enter our home....awesome young people!

I may never win any "mother of the year" awards. Especially after this morning...I am now without a voice. Walking this road is the hardest most rewarding thing I have ever done. What I have come to realize is the unconditional love that my children give me is enough. It's worth more than any paycheck. Worth more than any award . Worth all the blood, sweat ,tears, lost sleep and lost voices that I have shed. These crazy kids of ours have my heart.  I don't always feel like I'm doing my best at this job...and I'm probably not. I mess up more times than I would like to admit. But this is not just a job...this is our life. My life! I get only one shot at it. I better make it good! How do I want my kids to remember me?

I want them to remember that I loved Jesus with all my heart.
I want them to remember that I loved their dad with all my heart.
I want them to remember that I loved them with every breath of my being.
I want them to remember that no matter how much good or how many times they might mess up...my love for them remained constant.
I want them to remember that their smiles...the ones that I anxiously awaited to see for the first time...give me more joy than I could ever express.

Family means everything to me. If the only "Mother of the Year" award I ever receive is that from my own children....I will be satisfied! I will be satisfied because I will know I recieve this award not because of what I do or how well I do it... but because of who I am.

and that my friends you can never put a $ figure on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

angiehock26 said...

You are an amazing woman. I pray that I have the same patience, strength, and wisdom that you have for my boys. I know I havent seen you in a long time but you have been a special woman to me since the day I met you. I thank god that I know you and pray that I can be half the mother that you are. All my love, Angela Byrd Hockman : )

Karen said...

Oh Angela you are so kind! There are many days where I don't feel so amazing! My expectations get in the way of life and I fall. That's when God picks me up and says "Now follow my expectations!"
The key to being a good mom is to follow Jesus! My relationship with Him is where I find my strength! I have found that my church family has played a major role in the mom that I have become. I would encourage you to find a great fellowship and group of Godly women friends who can encourage you as you walk this road of motherhood! Take care of yourself and love your sons! Life is too short to sweat the small stuff!