Thursday, March 4, 2010

He knows my name...


I know when we had our first child...we were looking through all the name books for months! What a responsibility that is...and we have had the honor of repeating this 9 times...naming someone who will carry that name for the rest of their lives. A name that God will use when he calls...A name that will hopefully one day be written in the Lambs Book of Life! When naming our children, my first consideration was the combination of the first, middle and last name. How does it sound all together? Will he or she be teased? What is the meaning of the said name ? But the one thing that really stood out to me was...this is the name that my Lord has known before they were even a thought...a name that He will use one day to call them into His presence!

Have you ever thought what you would do if you meet someone with your same first and last name? I know when I meet someone with the same first name I feel somewhat of a connection. Our names are important ...they have meaning. Your name says a little something about you...just look up the meaning of your name. God knew our names before we were conceived! He had a purpose for our chosen name. I am so guilty of hearing a name and thinking...What were they thinking? God knew! He knows each and every name....no matter how many there may be. He knows us individually!

My husband recently did an experiment on Facebook....he friended all the people listed on Facebook with the same name as himself. At first I thought this was weird to be friending people he didn't know. But as I have seen the response and postings to his Facebook wall... it no longer seems strange. It's really interesting to see so many people with the same name. I laugh when I read his wall on Facebook...it kind of looks as though he's talking to himself! LOL!

If God knows me by name...how does he keep all the Karen Holcombes straight?

God knows my name...He knows the very number of hairs on my head. One day He will call my name...how many Karen Holcombes will come running? It will be exciting to see how many different mes there will be on that day!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is so neat to think about! I hope of all the Benjamin Jenkins' in the world, my Benjamin will be at least one written in the Book of Life. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!