Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stairway to sore legs...

I have discovered something today...I don't like stairs! Especially these...





Yes...I know these are way too  long for attic steps! Why I decided to get down our Christmas decorations  today in these cold temperatures...I'll never know! Weren't we wearing flip flops last week? Flip Flops,tornadoes and now freezing temperatures...this is Georgia weather for you, all in the same week.

 I really need to get that man of mine to build real steps to my secret hide away our storage area. It would be a great place for my sewing room an extra room. I guess I take after my mama! Put an idea in our heads and we will have walls knocked out and  new rooms built in no time!

So, after climbling those evil stairs several thousand times...we have all our Christmas decorations down gracing our living room floor. These are the before pictures...see all the boxes? That's how many times I climbed and how many days of recovery it will take my legs. Who needs a gym membership?  After my many many trips up and down those stairs balancing boxes on my head while holding the rail with one hand, we are in the decorating mood !  I like the Christmas decor so much I might even leave it up way past ...Valentines Day? Can you tell I'm trying to get out of a good workout?  That's enough time to build those stairs...right?

The kids have been a great help today. I love watching their faces as they look through all our ornaments.  Talking about Christmas past and loved ones who have gone...anticipating our Christmas morning breakfast and that huge...really really huge Holcombe family Christmas. Outside paper ball fight!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I should check with my sister in law about that one? 

I'm off to make my Home Depot shopping list....




and the kids are making their Christmas list....


I guess I better get busy...I have plans to draw decorating to do!

1 comment:

Candie Rossler said...

Hah! We had the same problem before. Our attic stairs was so steep that 4 out of 5 climbs ended up with some sort of an accident. I swear! So we just knew we had to replace with spiral stairs. Of course, we couldn't put ordinary stairs because that would take up space.