Thursday, November 25, 2010

Journey to a thankful heart...The aromas of memories

Day 24...Reflections of Thanksgivings past.


As I read my sister's blog...Click here... this evening about a memory of our grandmother and her love of cooking for our family. I began to think back on what a wonderful grandmother she was and the
yummy food she always prepared. Her cakes were always the very best! I miss her so much! I thank God she was a part of my life!

I wish we had digital cameras when I was a kid. I would love to be able to sit and reminisce of family dinners and awful favorite recipes. Fun times with our cousins and so much food we thought we wouldn't eat for a year. As the years fade so do my memories. Even family traditions have been replaced with the business of the season. Again filling our days with long list of self inflicted expectations.

This evening I found myself baking in the kitchen with a few of our daughters. Some were baking...some were having spitball fights. The one at the helm of the fight...Kenzie the 3 year old! She was laughing so hard and loving shooting those wads of paper at her sisters. Tonight we were making memories and filling our home with the aromas of Thanksgiving present. Tomorrow...oops! I mean Today...We were too busy making spitballs memories to get this posted on time...So today we will enjoy the fruits of all our efforts. We will eat till we can't eat anymore...Our family has two places to go within a 4 hour time span!

As our family grows and our traditions change...I am very thankful for the technology of the digital camera!
Man...I forget to get that spitball fight!

To the women...and men.... who are staying up late and getting up early...Thank you! May you all have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!








No comments: