Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful for my God who sees it all...Hiding behind the things of this world?

Days 13, 14 and 15  Journey to a thankful heart...

Ok ...so I missed a few days. Would hubby out of town,late soccer game over an hour away, craft fair, ladies cookie swap, difficult week...3 year old who needs a firm hand be a good excuse? That was just my weekend! We can always find excuses for why we haven't really been effective in our endeavors or responsibilities and commitments.  Sometimes justifying our reasons for falling short. Yet...God still loves and excepts us even when we don't measure up.

My God knows me so well...He knows my limits...He knows my pain...He knows what makes me happy....He knows what makes me sad.  He knows when I'm way over committed or even under committed.

Sometimes I think we choose to be over committed so that we can hide behind the business of this life. We immerse ourselves in handheld devices,sports,volunteer work and even our jobs...leaving no room for our families or our God. Are we afraid to let others get close enough to see the true us? Afraid to let them see that we fall short of their expectations of us? What about God's expectations? A good example is what I call the Mary and Martha syndrome. How can we find a balance  to be both? There are days when I am so into the Martha role and inside I'm crying to be the Mary sitting at Jesus feet...listening and soaking in His love for me.

I am thankful that my God knows my limits!

I am thankful that His grace is sufficient for me!

I am thankful that my God knows me so well and nothing is hidden from Him...not even the number of hairs on my head!

Hebrews 4:12-14 (New King James Version)
Bible verse credit
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
   14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.


Bible verse credit

Matthew 10:26-30 (New King James Version)
26 Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. 27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
 
 
and I am thankful that I am back on this jouney!

No comments: