Saturday, November 20, 2010

Journey to a thankful heart...I need sleep!!!!!!!!!!

Day 20... I am thankful my God loves me and made a way for my hubby to get home!

Burning the candle at both ends...We have all heard this term. We rise early and stay up late. Who do we think we are? Some super hero...or mom? Yes, that's me! Super mom...I'm able to get up early to cook a big breakfast before my kiddos are off to school (My kids are rolling in the floor on this one!). I am able to do 3 loads of dishes with my hands behind my back. Wash, Fold and put away 20 loads of laundry before 10am. All while wiping noses and mending broken hearts. Now they are hyperventilating! Seriously...I am far from super and who in their right mind would get up early to cook breakfast before 7am? They're blessed if I give them pop tarts! I really do feed my kids.

I have always been one to burn the candle into the wee hours of the morning. Throw a holiday in there and my list of  "I have to make this or I have to make that"...sends me into that ever dreaded coffee coma. Oh the expectations I put on myself...someone really needs to stop me! My list is so long that I will never succeed in my own little world. I can finally admit to myself...I CAN"T DO IT ALL!

The past few weeks I have been burning boxes of candles due to my husbands absence. I think he may have been home no more than a few days in three weeks. I am thankful for his great job...but hate when he's out of town. When he's gone I stay up way to late trying to figure out that to do list and how I can cut it way down and even add to it if need be.

Today I am thankful my hubby made it home last night. After a few flight cancellations and then no flights available until Saturday late afternoon...God did a great thing just for me! While standing in line at the ticket counter in D.C. being told they had been trying to book flights for the last 10 people... a miraculous thing happened...An open seat became available! You go God! This flight put him home at midnight...but he would be home! Home to his family... home to his wife! Home to share that list! Now maybe I can sleep...not!




This morning bright and early we were up at 6am to get out the door by 7am for a 9:30 soccer game 1 1/2 hours away. I love my daughter and I love to watch her play...but a soccer game this early is for the insane! Guess what? We have to do it all over again in the morning! And this is really going to make you roll...I cooked breakfast before we left! It wasn't a pop tart either. I saved those for tomorrow morning!



Psalm 127 (New International Version)


Psalm 127

A song of ascents. Of Solomon.  1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
   the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
   the guards stand watch in vain.
2 In vain you rise early
   and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat—
   for he grants sleep to[a] those he loves.
 3 Children are a heritage from the LORD,
   offspring a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
   are children born in one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
   whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
   when they contend with their opponents in court.

Bible verse credit

No comments: