Monday, August 2, 2010

Praying for Olivia...Update about another surgery


Update from Olivia's mom....


I really do not want to send this update out. Partly because I am a little afraid for my precious daughter and partly because I just want God to step in and fix it all.




But, here is where we are at right now. Olivia is getting sicker but currently the infections (she is on 7 high power anitibiotics) are not at bay. They do not want to open her up and fix the bile duct because that could cause the infections to go rampant throughout her body. Where they are not sure if she could survive it.



On the other hand, they have to fix the bile duct so that they can get her better enough to fight off the infection. So, they are going to try and place a temporary stent through her bile duct to allow it to flow for a couple of weeks and let her get better. Because she is getting sicker. Once they see evidence of the infections clearing they will do the surgery to go in and repair the bile duct permantly. But the least amount of invasion on her body right now is the best course of action.



Wow, never in my wildest dreams could I have come up with these scenerio's. Olivia was crying this morning asking "why me"...I wish I could answer that so now more than ever I have press in and ask our Heavenly Father to have grace and mercy on our family. To heal her, to give her peace, and to give us all clear understanding.



Now, more than ever I think do I understand weeping at the altar. I know I have been face down on it before but I understand the impact of beseeching the Father on someone else's behalf. Today, my redeemer does live, He is sitting at the right hand of the Father and I know we have world peace, war, cancer, a lot of big prayers needing to be covered but today, I think He is sitting there talking with the Father about Olivia.



So, thankyou for all your prayers, support and love. We are blessed in many ways and I am so thankful for that. We are hanging in there and we thank you for hanging in there with us.



In His Grip, holding on tight

Barb

No comments: