Sunday, August 1, 2010

Praying for Olivia....Updates and possible surgery!

Update from Olivia's mom....

I know, I know...I was just too tired after a long up and down day yesterday. But, today we know a little more than we did and what the future may hold.

It seems that it is not the artery that has been blocked. They thought yesterday that the artery was blocked because of the MRI but the Ultrasound showed that it was not. That is a good thing because the liver not getting blood would cause serious damage to the liver. But, now they feel it is just the bile duct issue. Again. But, they feel that it is right at the connection from the liver to the small intestine and so they would go in and do surgery as opposed to putting in a stent. Though, of course we would not want any of it to happen, this is definately the better case scenerio of the two situations. But, they want to wait a few more days and see if it clears (insert here that I have no idea why from the surgical standpoint because we have dealing with this since transplant) but from the infection side I can see why they want to wait. That infection is a nasty little thing and we would not to spread it if possible any further.

So, Olivia is feeling icky but not as bad as last week, Yeah, and maybe there is a light at the end of this tunnel that seems to be spiraling out of control. Prayerfully. Though surgery again is not what anyone wants to do and the risks are even higher...well, it just seems the best course of action. So thank you for those prayers that they can finally pinpoint what is wrong and there is a way to fix it. And maybe, it will be a long term fix and this will definately be that miracle to change Olivia's life in this area at least.

Well, I have lots of other thoughts but I have to run...treatments....but thank you all for the prayers...thank you for continuing to pray for Olivia and others going through so much..and thank you for the cards and notes has been such a blessing and encouragement to us.

In His Grip

No comments: