Monday, November 8, 2010

30 days of Thankfulness...Potty Talk!

Day 8 and counting...

I love this book.....The first time I read it I was in Target with my mom awaiting the birth of one of my children. We laughed so hard I about had my baby in Target! Fun memories with my mom!



One thing a mother prides(This is a scary word for me) herself in is flying through the many stages of child rearing(pardon the pun) with flying colors. I myself am included in this game of mothering....each of us trying to out do the other. Setting records that should be entered into the Guinness Book of World Records. According to my experience... Kenzie should have come out of the womb wearing big girl panties with NO accidents ever occurring! I have in fact trained 8 other ones! Doesn't that count for something? You may laugh... but there is a child rearing book(Not the one pictured) that a friend of mine gave me 20 years ago that advocated potty training from infancy. There's nothing like holding a 6 month old over the toilet...I would never do that no matter how bad I wanted to get through this stage of child rearing! Did I say I hated potty training?

I started this first adventure 23 years ago with my first son....He's going to kill me! At the age of two we began and we didn't finish until the age four. That was nightmare number one and nightmare number two... The grand finale... is about to hit the fan the big screen! My first experience was due to back to back pregnancies and a move because of the economy. Poor little guy had a lot of changes going on in his life! But for the life of me(and she's doing a pretty good job of shortening mine) what is up with Kenzie? I wouldn't put it past her if this is a "Got your attention" kind of thing. Did I say I hated potty training ? I have promised her everything under the sun...Build a bear, skittles,sour patch kids...a bag to herself, a date with mommy to the mall...by herself. I guess all I can do is be patient and wait....and be thankful!

James 1:2-4 (New International Version)Scripture reference credit

Trials and Temptations
 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


I am very thankful to have potty trained 8 1/2 kids( she has half of the traing down)  Yes... it's a lot of work and many many headaches. But when I no longer have to walk down that diaper isle... I know I will JUMP for JOY! cry my eyes out... for I will know that this stage in my life is finally over.
So... tonight as I'm pulling my hair out I will count it joy and know in the end (No pun either) I will be complete and lack nothing! I do see the light at the end of this long journey! Good thing I'm seeing the humour in this trial! Better to laugh than cry!

No comments: