Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today, I am thankful for the trials...For the keeper of my heart is near!

 



Day 9...This is really making me consider the condition of my heart!

Today I am embracing the times where my faith is tested...my heart is purged....my life is in total surrender to the King of Kings!

 

James 1:2-4 (New International Version)Scripture reference credit

Trials and Temptations
 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Trials...we've all been trough them and will continue to do so until our dying day! I have seen my fare share of them and honestly I just wish they would go away! However...God takes what the world sees as bad and uses it for our good!  It's all about surrender...surrendering the expectations,hopes,dreams and all those things that make us feel we are in control! Control Freak...I am a first born...it's in my nature! No one likes to surrender the control...me included!  But when we surrender it to our maker....Jesus...He can lead us through a time where we are totally blind to the road ahead. When I lead...I just mess things up. When I surrender...the journey is a peaceful ride to the thankful heart. So...as you are walking through the trials of this life...grasp onto the hem of Jesus. Let Him lead...Let him guide...Let Him capture your heart and fill you with thankfulness.

Oh Lord! Be the keeper of my heart and help me to rest in you!

No comments: